Welcome back! We saved the quote details from your last visit. ×
Become an Affiliate

Travelex Insurance

For claims with the following plans:

(855) 205-6054
Weekdays, 8:00am - 7:00pm CST                    
EmailE-mail or Website:
[email protected]

Mail:                                                                    Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
PO Box 2986
Clinton, IA 52733

Claims Information

Travelex offers fast, fair claims with a history of 98% of claims paid!


Claims Questions?


[email protected]

(855) 205 – 6054

Available 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM CST, Weekdays


24/7 Emergency Assistance

(844) 215-1672 Toll Free

(647) 775 – 8042 Outside US/Canada, Collect


Start a Claim

To file a Travelex claim, visit https://www.travelexinsurance.com/customer-service/claims and enter your plan code. You can find your plan code on your Travelex Brochure, Policy, or Confirmation of Coverage.

If you need further assistance or have questions, call the Claims Department at (855) 205 – 6054 or email at [email protected].

By filing a claim, you are telling your travel insurance provider that you endured a financial loss from your trip. Depending on your Travelex plan, you can receive reimbursement for incurred costs or other forms of support where relevant.

Should you have any questions, are unable to download the claim packets, or require assistance, please contact us. We make every effort to ensure the information on this page is complete and accurate. If there is a conflict with the information on this page and the policy, the terms and information on the specific written policy will supersede.


Additional Info

Every claims situation is going to be different, and so there are a few differences in how you will need to respond to them. Please keep in mind that if an emergency arises, contact your insurance company as soon as reasonably possible! Each policy includes a claims phone number and 24-hour assistance phone numbers for both inside and outside of the United States, ensuring that you can get in touch with your insurer at any time. If you are traveling internationally you will need to make a collect call with the out-of-country emergency number.

In a case where you are going to have to cancel your trip prior to departure, contact your insurer immediately. They will advise you on how to proceed with filing the claim and will also inform you of what documentation they will need to see.

If a medical emergency arises while you are traveling, again you will want to contact the company as soon as reasonably possible. The reasons for this are two-fold:

Some companies will require pre-certification, or that you contact the company before receiving medical treatment or having an evacuation performed. Naturally, if you're in a dire medical emergency you would want to seek care immediately and worry about claims once you're stable.

You will need to know what documentation will be most important for you to have with you before returning home.

One fact that cannot be stressed enough is to save your receipts and proof of expenses so that you can be accurately reimbursed, whether it be costs due to a delay of travel for hotel or meal, or medical records for emergency treatment received. This is especially important for medical care received overseas, as it can be incredibly difficult to get this paperwork once you have returned home. For filing a claim, nothing is more important than having accurate documentation for your loss.

After a provider pays a claim to a traveler, they will typically "subrogate" to seek reimbursement from any other collectible sources that may be available. These other sources could be other insurance policies or travel suppliers to recoup some or all of the claim that was paid. The travel insurance plan you purchase will have more details on this in the certificate that Travel Insurance Master emails to the primary traveler.

Sometimes, a claim is denied by the travel insurance company. When this happens, Travel Insurance Master customers have the option to have their claim reviewed by our Customer Care Team.


Notice of Claim: We must be given written notice of claim within 30 days after a covered loss occurs. If notice cannot be given within that time, it must be given as soon as reasonably possible. Notice may be given to us or to our authorized agent. Notice should include the claimant’s name and enough information to identify him or her.

Claim Forms: When we receive notice of claim, you will be sent forms to file proof of loss. If the forms are not sent within 15 days after we receive notice, then the claimant will meet the proof of loss requirements by giving us a written statement of the nature and extent of the loss. This must be sent to us within the time limit stated in the Proof of Loss provision.

Proof of Loss: Written Proof of Loss must be sent to us within 90 days after the date the loss occurs. We will not reduce or deny a claim if it was not reasonably possible to give us written Proof of Loss within the time allowed. In any event, you must give us written Proof of Loss within12 months after the date the loss occurs unless you are legally incapacitated.

Physical Examination and Autopsy: At our expense, we have the right to have you examined as often as necessary while a claim is pending. At our expense, we may require an autopsy unless the law or your religion forbids it. Legal Actions: No legal action may be brought to recover on the plan within 60 days after written proof of loss has been given. No such action will be brought after 3 years from the time written proof of loss is required to be given. If a time limit of the plan is less than allowed by the laws of the State where you live, the limit is extended to meet the minimum time allowed by such law.

Payment of Claims: Claims for benefits provided by the plan will be paid as soon as written proof is received. Benefits for loss of life will be paid to your estate, or if no estate, to your beneficiary. All other benefits are paid directly to you, unless otherwise directed. Any accrued benefits unpaid at your death will be paid to your estate, or if no estate, to your beneficiary. If you have assigned your benefits, we will honor the assignment if a signed copy has been filed with us. We are not responsible for the validity of any assignment.


To facilitate prompt claims settlement:

Trip Cancellation: IMMEDIATELY call your Travel Supplier and the Claims Administrator, as listed within this Description of Coverage, to report your cancellation and avoid non-covered expenses due to late reporting. The Claims Administrator will then advise you on how to obtain the appropriate form to be completed by you and the attending Physician. If you fail to notify the appropriate Travel Supplier and the Claims Administrator of your cancellation within 72 hours of becoming aware of the need to cancel, we will pay only the cancellation penalties you were subject to at the time of becoming aware of the need to cancel. If you are medically unable to notify the appropriate Travel Supplier and the Claims Administrator within 72 hours, you must notify them as soon as medically possible.

Trip Interruption: Obtain medical statements from the doctors in attendance in the country where Sickness or accident occurred. These statements should give complete diagnosis, stating that the Sickness or accident prevented traveling on dates contracted. Provide all unused transportation tickets, official receipts, etc.

Trip Delay/Missed Cruise Connection: Obtain receipts for any additional expenses (i.e.: meals, lodging, etc.) and submit with written documentation from the source which caused the delay for verification (i.e.: Common Carrier, police report, etc.).

Baggage: In case of loss, theft, or damage to personal belongings, immediately contact the hotel manager, tour manager or representative, transportation official, or local police; report occurrence and obtain a written statement. If loss is the responsibility of a common carrier, submit claim first to party responsible; i.e., airline, cruise line, train etc. Provide a copy of the outcome of your claim, along with the written loss statements, receipts, etc.

Medical Expenses: Obtain receipts from the providers of service, etc., stating the amount paid and an incident report listing the diagnosis and treatment. Submit your insurance information to the Claims Administrator so we may recover funds from any medical or other valid and collectible insurance plan, in which you may be enrolled.